Tuesday 20 June 2017

Smile with Kaisercraft


Here is a page I made featuring the new Basecoat papers from Kaisercraft - they are beautiful and grungey...the perfect backing for any page.  They are dominated by lots of colour so they co-ordinate beautifully with any other papers that you have - for this page I have used a mix of older and newer Kaisercraft papers to match with my photo - there is a bit of Bombay Sunset in there, and also some Kaleidoscope and Blue Bay too - I just dug through my Kaisercraft papers and pulled out a few bits. 

 Having chosen the papers and getting a rough arrangement for my photos, I decided to add a little bit more colour to the Basecoat background, and since Ann and Karen have been inspiring us with diffusions and I managed to pick a few up, I had a play too.  I started with a large and thick area of white gesso, then added some sprinkles of the infusions in - I could have mixed them in with my palette knife but instead I added water and so you get drips of the Sunset Beach, Rusty Car and Golden sands - it is great watching the colours change, and it adds a lovely vintage look.

You can find the Basecoat papers here and the infusions here