Wednesday 8 February 2017

Hug time

My Boyfriend and his sister are incredibly close and this is one of my favourite photos of the two of them.  It just epitomises how they are together and it's such a joyful shot - it makes me smile every time I look at it. 



As the photo has a clean simple background I wanted to keep a sense of that in the layout.  However, I wanted to bring the fun aspect into it too.  I started off using elements from the Simple stories 'Life in Color' range.  The main strip ran the length of the page and had a camera where the photograph is. It also said snapshots of a happy life but as this was taken at a wedding I wanted to change it to day instead. I did this by popping a couple of strips of Glitz washi tape over the Life and added the word 'day' over the top.




I then added ribbon above and below the element to draw out the yellow colour and then a strip of washi tape below and above that.  










I cut in half this Green tag and trimmed the edge off to create brackets and attached them to each side of the photo for a bit of dimension.


Using 3 elements from the Journaling card elements - the yellow striped with the camera element, the section with the 3 tags and the section that is half green/half books.  I trimmed these down, and cut the book half off the green tag and cut 2 of the tags out of the 3rd strip. I distressed the edges of the yellow and green sections and layered these up underneath the photo. I added washi tape to the tags to give them an impression that they were tacked on.

To finish up I added a camera, heart and arrow from Kaisercraft's 'Wooden flourish' pack and some lettering and numbers.  If the colours don't suit your layout why not try one of the My little shoebox range.