Sunday 16 October 2016

It's double tag time...

So, September sort of got away from me a bit and I know I'm a bit late with the tag - so I thought I'd give you two in one go to make up for it - so today we have September and October's tags...

September features a school desk that opens up...
And for October, I decided to focus on how amazing the moon is right now rather than do Halloween (I know that not everyone is a fan) and I came up with a tag which has a light up moon...


So we kick off with September. You will need a 4" x 8" tag (I used black), some brown card, the September Montage and Collective papers from the Children's Hour collection by Graphic 45, some co-ordinating ribbon and I also used a skewer to make the mini pencil.


I started by cutting a piece of the red spotted paper 1/4" smaller than the tag, inking and sticking down. I then added the cut out panel of the school girl. I cut carefully round the daisy but ended up covering it up - so you don't need to bother with this...


Next I cut the pieces for the school desk from brown card...then trimmed them to give it perspective...

I scored 1/4" from the top of the top one and I glued the top of the desk to the bottom just by gluing the 1/4" strip...

You can see how the desk opens...

Next I added, a book to the top of the desk made with two pieces of paper cut from the patterned papers - I folded them in half and inked the edges before sticking them to the desk...



Once on the desk I added the poem from the strip on the patterned paper, an apple which I mounted on a foam pad, a ruler made from a strip of card and a pencil made by colouring a piece of skewer with a red sharpie pen...

 I put a couple of things inside the desk - but you could add more...
I finished by making a tiny slate with black and kraft card, adding ribbon and the 'A is for Apple' strip of card...


Next for October

As I said before I wanted to focus on the moor rather than Halloween - to make this tag you will need a 4" x 8" tag (colour not important), the October Collective and montage papers, some cream parchment style paper and a tiny light (I got a job lot on Amazon which were quite cheap!)

I started by covering the tag with the purple paper and inked the edges.
I punched a circle (I think 1 3/8") at the top left of the tag (see pic)

I put foam pads round the edge of the circle and inked beyond the circle so that it would look more like a night sky...


 I punched a larger circle from the cream parchment and mounted it on the foam pads - I then tested to see how the light would look shining through - not perfect but good enough...

I started to cut some elements from the papers and added them to my tag...




I added extra flowers and pumpkins using foam pads for dimension and I added the poem to the front of the moon...

I finished by adding ribbon and tying my mini light to one of the ribbons so that it stayed with my tag...



Thanks for the enthusiasm for the tags - just November and December to go. In the meantime I hope everyone going to the retreat has a wonderful time. I won't be with you as I am flying out to USA tomorrow for a couple of weeks. See you back here in November for the next tag.
Jane x