Monday 11 April 2016

Make your own twine flowers

It has been a busy few weeks with the preparation for the retreat last weekend and I was a little behind on uploading me design team work to the gallery. I fixed that yesterday and uploaded some pages to the 2016 galleries.


This layout was one I created for the March gallery using Bo Bunny papers and I decided to make some twine flowers to go with the others I was using (Prima) and to add another texture to the page.


To do this I added a glue dot to my page where I wanted the centre of my twine flower to go. I then took a length of twine and looped it around five times and then trimmed the end to be in the centre. Holding it in place I then placed it on the glue dot pressing down firmly before adding another glue dot on top in the centre and a gem.

I think these are a nice (inexpensive) way to make your own interesting embellishments for a page, and they look lovely on cards too, very unique.