Monday 21 December 2015

The Sort of a Christmas Journal, Journal

When I was sent a selection from the Bo Bunny  Sleigh Ride range I knew I wanted to make a Christmas Journal with it but didn't want to make one that would join the unfinished ones from previous years. So as this year is the first Christmas that Gracia and Josh have spent in their own flat and I decided to make her a journal to put the lovely photos she keeps sending me of her home made Christmas decorations, gingerbread decorations and beautifully decorated tree.

I bought an A5 folder that came complete with poly-pockets and as these had a white border I covered that with gold or silver glitter tape.  I cut a gold title on Silhouette and added some gilding flakes to finish the front cover.


I enjoyed the challenge of making blank pages for photos rather than making the pages around a chosen photograph.





I cut a Christmas shape out for every fourth page to add a little interest as I haven't left any space for journaling  - not something I think Gracia would want to bother with.





I was able to use some Christmas themed charms, that I found in my stash, and added some extra snowflakes and sequins to the snow globe.




I made the last page similar to the first one to give the album some continuity.

I can't wait for Gracia's return tomorrow, as she plans on printing out her photos and for us to finish this little project together.

Wishing you a safe and Happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year.