Tuesday 21 April 2015

Rising to the Virtual crop challenge

Over the weekend just gone we had our virtual crop and I set a challenge as I do each month based on a date in history that coincides with the virtual crop.  This challenge was to create a layout or card with a diamond pattern and here is page I created for Karen's crop back in October 2012! 

I made myself a diamond template and then used it to cut out patterned papers (great for using up left overs from a virtual crop or retreat kit!!) Using the same template I created a couple of journaling areas by faux stitching the diamond shapes with a white gel pen which I also used for my journaling and for extending my areas.


I think this challenge through a few people but hopefully now with an illustration you might be inspired to join in? It is never too late and these challenges have no time constraint. You can come back to them time and time again.



Did you know you can find all our past challenges by selecting the label "Challenges" at the end of this post? This will filter the Created by ATDML blog posts and only show those which are challenges. Talking of challenges I am finding it hard to remember how I was able to walk so far! I was training for a walking marathon at the end of Sept 2012 and this was the height of my training (21k is a half marathon!!) Must get those trainers back out as I have an easier 15k next month for which I have done very little preparation beyond 5k recently!!

Have fun exploring our challenges and do share your pages with us!!