Sunday 30 November 2014

November DT Kit Part 2

As I said in my previous post - we were given free choice for our November DT kits and for the other half of my kit I chose various items from the Simple Stories 'The Story of Us' range. I used these papers and, of course, the sticker sheet.  The range is primarily yellow and gray, not colours I would normally scrap with but they really caught my eye when I saw them at the retreat.





 







I then set myself the challenge of using this range, which is designed to document weddings/engagements, for non-wedding/love themed pages.

I started by making two pages that feature a recent family visit to York.

The first shows the quirky shops we came across

The accompanying page was about having tea in Betty's - a famous York tea shop and I have to say the tea was absolutely delicious.


Next I made a page to celebrate the fun crafting weekend I had with a group of friends.  I love the photo on this one as it summed up the whole weekend. Although there were 13 of us all together only 8 were in this photo.


Finally, I made a page with a photo I have used before but one that I really love.  This has flowers and a doily cut using my Silhouette and a little wooden family from my own supplies. 


So there we have it - mission accomplished - four pages made with a wedding range and not one of them about a wedding or love themed.  Just goes to show how versatile these papers are.