Sunday 28 October 2012

Upcycling

Have you ever use a product and then thought that the packaging is just too gorgeous to throw away? I often do and no more so than when I got some Prima 'Say it in Crystal' swirls recently.  I used the gems immediately on a layout but could not bring myself to throw away the packaging as it was so pretty.

Later that week, I was making a layout with Prima Rondelle and the flowers on the Prima packaging matched perfectly with the papers I was using.  I needed a journaling block and so cut the bottom from the card that the gems had been adhered to the layout and used that.


I than decided that the remainder of the card would be perfect to mat a photo, for another layout. 


So there you have it, in each pack you can have three gem swirls and if you are a frugal scrapper, like me, you also have a photo mat and a journaling block too.  Do you upcycle with embellishment packaging.