Tuesday 16 October 2012

Trends on Tuesday - It's in the Grain


Woodgrain has been a long standing trend in papers, stamps, embellishments, embossing folders....I think most scrapbook companies have incorporated some wood into their collections somewhere along the line.  I thought I would try a really woody page to show you some of the lovely woodiness there is around.  The photo is from some gardens we went to visit and they had an amazing wall of logs which my kids quite happily posed in front of (they are used to it now and even offer suggestions of good places to have photos of them :)).  

I used woodgrain for my base which is by Scrapperdashery Under the Board Walk , and then added some gesso, just dry brushed across my background paper so my logs stood out.  My logs are made from Crate Papers Farmhouse Farmers Market with a 1" punch and a white gel pen.  I added an Simple Stories - awesome bingo card and some Crate Paper Farmhouse wooden stickers with some strips of burlap too to add some texture.  

I think woodgrain can be used throughout the year, but especially Autumn as all the leaves change colour on the trees and it is a great neutral as you can put any colours with it...so definitely a staple for your stash.

For a little more inspiration, check out these