Tuesday 13 March 2012

Echo Park

The March design team gallery is up for your viewing pleasure. This month Jemma Sharrock (Jimjams) joined the team and share several lovely projects with us too.

There is lots of inspiration for you if you are working with the lovely Echo Park papers, or even if you aren't, take a look at some of the projects that the team have created.

I wanted to share the story behind one of my layouts featured in the gallery this month. A little while ago I stumbled across this image on Simple Stories blog which had then been used by a designer (who originally found it on Pinterest) to create a layout. Given how popular hexagon shapes seem to be in the scrapbooking industry lately I thought I too would have a go and used my Echo Park papers from this months design team papers we were sent.


With busy patterns this is a great way of mixing up small pieces of them to create an eye-catching page! I used the original page to judge the approximate size of the stretched hexagon shapes, made a template from a scrap of paper and used it to trace around on the reverse of several patterned papers. The spacing isn't perfect and if you are a perfectionist for equal gaps this may not be the page for you, but I am thrilled with how it turned out. You may have noticed there are a couple of sticker embellishment clusters on the page too... I love this matching stickers that come with the Echo Park collections (and they work wonders on covering up the gap imperfections that I wasn't happy to leave!!). Why not have a go and use this image to inspire a layout or card. Once you have a template it comes together real easy. Enjoy!