Thursday 21 November 2019

November Layouts on a rainbow....


Hello everyone, Katherine here with a selection of rainbow pages for you!  Here is where it started, using a beautiful rainbow paper from Cocoa Vanilla's Happiness collection called Good Vibes.  I started using cutting different sized circles from it (using a 6" strip so I could fit it through my die-cut machine!).  Once I had the circles I used my watercolours to try and match the colours and painted strips down the page, adding some flicks of colour.  I then used one of the new Vicki Boutin stencils I picked up at the retreat and added some hexagons.  Next I added my circles and to add a little more interest to some I used a BoBunny circle set of texture stamps.  Final bits were to add some Vicki Boutin mixed media ephemera in co-ordinating colours, and also some of her watercolour stickers which went perfectly!



Obviously I had some circle punched waste left over from the page, so I put it to good use.





I backed the paper with lots of punched strips from white cardstock, then added it to the woodgrain paper from Cocoa Vanilla's Unforgettable collection - love a woodgrain!  Again I used the Vicki Boutin ephemera pack to mix in with my page - these are photos we had in a photo booth at a friend's wedding and I loved the speech bubbles in the ephemera pack as it brought out all the fun!



 If you want a really quick and easy rainbow page, then this paper by Pink Fresh called Just a little Lovely.  The ink drips and banner are all done for you.


I added a little texture paste and distress ink, layered up some more ephemera and stuck in some hidden journalling behind the photo....as well as another Vicki Boutin water colour sticker too.

I hope you've enjoyed a quick look at these colourful papers and do share any of your creations over in our Facebook group ATDML # Create.