Saturday 16 November 2019

Autumn outdoors


It's my favourite time of year again and although it's getting chilly (and I hate the cold) there are some of my favourite activities..... and excuses to eat some of my favourite foods.

The Simple stories 'Forever fall' range is full of lovely autumnal tones and cosy prints, perfect for Halloween, bonfire night or winter sunsets. There are also lighter shades for the cool, frosty mornings, outdoor activities and walks.


I started by used ink and bubble wrap to create a smudgy print on the kraft card.  I then cut some black and maroon gingham papers from '3x4 elements' and 'changing leaves' into some obtuse triangles. I wanted to create alternate slices to cut across the page so some are cut 'top left to bottom right' and others are 'top right to bottom left' 


I ran a section of the triangle side of 'Get cosy' down the centre of the page to give the effect of rising sparks.  I mixed up the triangles and arranged these on the left and right of the page.  I then cut coloured sections from the striped side of 'Get cosy' so the darker muted shades were at the top and the warmer colours at the top. 


Using Nuvo crystal drops I dotted some swirls up the page to act like smoke.  To finish I added some pen detail and some beautiful glittery 'Bewitched' thickers.



For the second layout, I used some of the 'changing leaves' and 'Autumn love' range and mixed it with sections of the 'Little man' paper from Simple stories 'Lil' Dude' range.   I cut a selection of 1", 2" & 3" triangles - I also kept the scrap from one of the largest triangles.    I arranged these across the page leaving a diagonal line running down the centre of the page.  I wanted to give a bumpy rocky appearance and leave space for the title. 


I added the scrap triangle section to the bottom right-hand corner of the page and then added the title.
I matted the photo onto the kraft colour side of the 'Autumn love' paper and then onto the gingham side of the 'changing leaves' paper.  I then cut around the squares roughly using diagonals and lines to give a random edge.  To finish I added super shiny chrome thickers, doodle lines and journalling.