Saturday 16 March 2019

Virtual Crop Weekend Challenge - Album Covers Edition 3

Hello, it's Virtual Crop weekend which means it's time for the third instalment of our Album covers challenge.

This month I was inspired by an album from a group I love, they were one of the few groups that my husband and I both liked way back when we first got together and in those days we did a lot of driving most weekends following our football team so they provided the soundtrack to many a road trip.

Parallel Lines by Blondie was released in September 1978 and was their third studio album. I love the striking black and white stripes which provide the background to this album cover and the pop of red they used for the title.

For my layout I decided to keep the black and white strips but add them onto a kraft background. I cut long banner shapes into the kraft cardstock so that my black and white strips of cardstock would sit behind rather than on top of the kraft cardstock.

I knew that I wanted a black and white photo to keep the colour to a minimum and allow me to purposefully choose which colour to add. As the band are all wearing black and white using a black and white photo echoed this nicely.

Initially I had planned to look for a red alphabet in a font similar to the one on the album or to cut a similar style font but in the end I used the Letterman Thickers (one of my favourites) as they mirrored the font used by Kaspa's Restaurant so tied in with the subject of my layout.

For embellishment I did add a little more than just red but I felt that the little border strip with the yellow, aqua, orange and green just gave the over all effect a little boost.

I was really pleased to find the "Gather"  perspextive in my stash which worked well on the layout, we are excited to be becoming a stockist of Bramble Fox products and those of you joining us at the retreat should have a selection of these gorgeous products available for you to buy and they will appear on the website shortly after that.

I hope you have enjoyed this months Album Cover Challenge, please do share your creations over on the ATDML # Create Facebook page and add them to the Album Cover Challenge Gallery.

Join us tomorrow for three fantastic classes from Ann, Katherine and Tricia!