Wednesday 16 November 2016

A boy's best friend...


My Nephew loves the outdoors, partly because he gets to go out and get mucky but mainly for all the treasures and mini beasts that he can find along the way.  Living in the country there is always a plethora of new additions to the Garden, and fortunately for him (unfortunately for me) his favourite, snails always seem to be kicking around. 

He's always delighted to find one as he thinks they are cute - you can hear him from the other end of the garden (IT'S SOOOOOOO KEEEYOOOOOT!!) and I wanted to capture that joy. It was also a great way of using up some old letters (and some numbers) while noting down his wee language quirks before they disappear


I loved the brown in this Bazzill Kraft and  the Making memories die cut paper (artisan die cut dot findings) but wanted to brighten it up a little bit so added in the Green chevron/dot papers from Simple stories - I love these papers cause they come in different colours and are so versitile. 


The title is from Thickers - These ones are the Nutmeg range in Spinach, the ee's and oo's are actually 3's and 0's to allow me to get a haphazardness to the sizing of the letters. The alphas were from My Little Shoe box - again a range that seems to go on and on, they are like pokemon - you have to catch 'em all!!


I wanted the photo to hold it's own so I cut two photo corners/frame from brown card and mounted at either end - it and allowed me to fit in some additional journalling in the space left.  The little snail stickers and accents were all from a mixed sheet from Pebbles inc.

Now that's summer ended, why not brighten your day looking back over some of the summer photos you've gathered.