Saturday 10 September 2016

Bending The Rules - Bo Bunny Firecracker

Hello, hello - Karen here and its Bo Bunny month this month so the DT have been sent some gorgeous Bo Bunny papers.  As you may or may not know one of our dt Katherine is actually on the Bo Bunny Design Team so I am really excited to see what she produces this month.

I have to confess that when Jill sent me a selection from the Firecracker range I thought 'As lovely as it is what am I going to do with a paper range all about fireworks and 4th July'?

Click on photo to see papers in more detail

BUT I then looked at it again and rethought as the blue wavy paper reminded me of the sea and the bright yellow paper of the beach.  So I decided to bend the rules and make a holiday/beach themed layout using this range. 

I am a member of a Facebook group called Crafters@Play and every month they have a sketch challenge.  I used their sketch as my starting point for this layout. 


I started by cutting my title from the centre of the Patriot paper and also a piece 4 ins x 10 ins (from the middle of the paper so that I still had the outer edge intact), trimmed 1/2 in from the top and one side and layered it onto some dark blue cardstock, I then trimmed the Stars paper and laid this on top. 

From the Anthem paper I cut a 4 inch strip (making sure I wasn't using the pieces with the little boy and girl on) and punched the top, placing it across the centre of my page.  I cut the square with grey and white stripes and stars from the Parade paper and trimmed this so that I had one piece with stars on that was 3 in wide and one piece with just stripes on that was also 3 ins wide.  I placed these either side of the strip of Anthum. The 4 x 10 in piece of Patriot was then punched down one side and added to the left of the page, onto this I added a strip that had been cut from the stars paper.

Next I cut the little boy and girl from the Antham paper and added them to the bottom right of my page.


From the Parade paper I cut the large circle and as I wanted to cover up the rosette at the bottom cut a a circle from Anthem paper and a label from one of the squares on the Parade paper. To these I added three chipboard banners from the Button Pack. 


After adding my photo I cut the bunting from the blue square on the Parade paper and added to the top right of my page.  Finally I added a few buttons from the button pack. 


So there we have it - a beach page made from a paper range that definitely was not designed for summer beachy layouts.