Tuesday 13 January 2015

Books, books, books...and the Internet

Hello everyone, sorry I'm a bit late with blogging today but as usual life is keeping me busy and this week particularly I'm obsessed with making books.
Tomorrow I'll be teaching an all day class to teachers from throughout Scotland (snow permitting). The title is 'Paper craft and book construction for the classroom and beyond' and throughout the course of the day the delegates (who potentially might have no paper crafting skills to speak of) will be making 15 different books, from accordion, maze, origami and fold out books to more complex saddle stitched, Japanese stab stitched and Coptic stitched books. Every bit of paper is cut to size ready and waiting...

I have found the Internet to be a huge source of inspiration when putting together this mammoth class and so I thought I'd share just a few of the images I have found... when I look at some of these I want to head straight into my craft room to start making!!





 
One of my crafting Facebook friends recently shared this video which is Randi Parkhurst's book project called 'Patience'...one day I WILL make one of these...
 
 
 
Finally, it's one thing looking at pictures but if you are going to make any of these, you also need the skills. 'Sea Lemon' on You Tube is one of my favourite book binding gurus - I watch a lot of her videos to learn new techniques... like this one - making a book with shells as covers!!
 
So get out there...find your inspiration and start creating.(Failing that - keep your fingers crossed for me tomorrow!)
 
 
One of my books from a few years ago to finish with...