Tuesday 25 September 2012

Trends on Tuesday - The Big Rip (and some smaller ones)


I had an idea to do a different trend for today that went well with these pictures......and then it evolved into something else - does that happen to you too?  I used a mix of papers from Simple Stories Awesome collection, Cosmo Crickets Tea for Two and a little October Afternoon Farmhouse as well.

On my blog browsing there are a number of scrapbookers that have perfected tearing beautiful papers up and making them look gorgeous.  It isn't something I have really played with, and it did take me a while to tear one of my favourite sheets from Simple Stories (I love newsprint but that is a whole other trend!).  It is really easy to do, and you can layer up all sorts of off cuts of papers behind the tear and I added a little lace too.


On the rule of odd numbers I went for 3 tears about my page - it is just a straight tear into the page.


You can then ink the edges, or just roll them over as is.


Layer up all your offcuts behind the tear - they act a bit like arrows pointing into the focal points on your page.  So be brave and have a go - you can use plain cardstock too as a tear, or just tear an oversized photo matt to reveal a paper underneath.  Here are some of the fantastic tearers I have come across on my browsing to inspire you some more.....