Thursday 6 January 2011

Double or Single?

In reading Anns cmment on the Happy New Year post about her double page month in review layouts I realised I can't remember the last double page layout I did.
I remember that when I was first starting I bought every paper in 3's because I would need two full sheets for the backgrounds on all my layouts (they would all be doubles so that everything matched properly!) and then a spare in case of a catastrophe!

To be fair, most of those triple paper purchases are still languishing in a box somewhere as I made a lot of crazy early purchases which will almost certainly end up in my kids craft boxes or in a school craft club!

But aside from my first ever attempt, and a double page class I did for a UKS Cyber Crop I can't think of any layouts which have been double pages.

Do you prefer single or double? It would be interesting to see what others prefer. I can see that for the month in review that Ann was describing a double would offer much more scope to fit in lots of pictures but for some reason I really never even contemplate it... perhaps it is the D Ring albums that make them less appealing to me as unless you hold the layouts up and together there would be a great big gap down the middle.

Maybe I will set myself a little challenge to have a go at a double page spread. If anyone else wants to join me in a mini challenge then go for it - a £10 atdml voucher to someone who leaves a link on this post to a double page layout they have done in 2011 BEFORE 7th Feb.

Giveaway draw winner to be announced tomorrow as it is both Mum (Jill) and Olivias birthday. In celebration of this i will post an old layout I did of them 3 years ago tomorrow sharing a birthday for the first time. December packaging challenge entries need to be with me by tomorrow night (Mel@atripdownmemorylane.co.uk ) and the winner for that will be announced on Sunday.

Happy Birthday Mum and Olivia for tomorrow xx