Saturday 18 May 2019

Virtual Crop Weekend Challenge - Album Covers Edition 5

Welcome to this months Album covers challenge. My album of choice this month is Bowling for Soup Drunk Enough to Dance. I love this album because of the interesting design, because the title speaks to me (I NEVER dance unless I have had a good few drinks first!) And finally because one of my best festival memories is getting right to the front row of the crowd for Bowling for Soup, enjoying a cracking set and then being lifted over the barrier by security to get out afterwards as the next band due on were rubbish!

So here's the cover...



















For my layout I used the four vertical elements to include three photos and a journaling box. I did give some thought to adding quirky angles to my photos but in the end decided to offset the position instead.

For my title I added a two line title in different fonts.



As soon as I chose this album I knew which photos I wanted as I had already printed the 5x2 vertical images of Isabelle climbing and jumping off the pillars at Ferry Meadows. However because they were quite small I felt like the whole lot needed to be contained in a smaller space so added the doodled border 3/4" around the edge.

I ended up using very little patterned paper which meant I could use up some scraps from the Studio Calico Yearbook range from several years ago. In my stash I had some of the Bramble Fox perspextives including the sub title pieces as well as the arrows, chevron and camera.

I hope you enjoyed this months album cover challenge, do head over to our Facebook Group ATDML # Create this weekend for the Virtual Crop on Sunday and if you have a go at the Album Challenge do upload your layout to the Album Challenge Gallery.