Sunday 15 July 2018

Misty Mountains with Kaisercraft


Hello everyone - I wanted to share a couple of pages that I made for the gallery using Kaisercraft's Misty Mountains and how I adapted some of the more feminine touches in this collection for boys.  The colour palette is packed with blues, pinks and purples and the base paper for this layout has a wonderful washed out effect.  I started by adding a little bit more watercolour to the base, using colours from the collection.  I then used the triangular geometric paper to create hexagons as there are several hexagons in the ephemera.  I layered up my photos....there is a long story about Durdle Door - may my children never forget it as an example of a natural arch on a geography exam....but the first time we visited, we were with friends who had twins in a buggy, and it started raining halfway there.  The tea-shop had run out of warm drinks, we became drenched, struggled with a buggy and the mud...it was a marathon adventure no waterproof could protect us from!  This time it was glorious sunshine and we had a sit for  a bit longer on the beach!


Here you can see some of the watercolour and layers of stickers in this range.


Still enjoying watercolour I used similar colours to create a background for all my hearts, there are some beautiful blue flowers in this collection which I layered around my photo, and added a few more of the floral elements to my page as I was in the picture!


There are some beautiful sentiments that you can add to the pages too.

I hope you've enjoyed a quick look at this collection, you can find the papers here.