Monday 30 December 2013

On the Fifth day of Christmas...

Ok - so it's meant to be 5 gold rings - well there are 5 rings in my project, but they are silver and attached to 5 chipboard tags!
 
I wanted to make a mini book for my resolutions for 2014. Usually my resolutions about doing less of things - eating less, spending less...etc but I decided that I am going to make next year a year of more. I had lots of ideas - more adventure, more creativity, more sending birthday cards to people and lots more... but I decided to focus on four things - M is for more music, I want to play my saxophone more and get back to the level I was when I was taking my grade exams. O is for organisation - I am a very last minute person and I want to try to be more organised in 2014. R is for rest - I am notoriously bad at staying up late but I know that I function better with lots more sleep so... it's early to bed in 2014. And finally E is for eating - yes, this year I vow to eat more instead of eating less!! So often my first meal of the day is in the evening and by that time I am so hungry I eat rubbish - so I am going to try to eat three proper meals a day - that way I'm hoping they will be healthier meals!

I decided that for a quick 'post-Christmas' project I would use up some papers from my scraps box - I chose some Graphic 45 scraps because I knew they would all go together ok.
I started by covering each side in a different paper, I then sanded the edges and used black ink on the edges to cover them up.

I then cut some flowers from one of the patterned papers to decorate the front cover. I added Thickers for my title and some ribbon to bind the book together...
All I have left to do now is add photos to represent my four resolutions and then I will have a little tag book that I can keep to hand to remind me of my resolutions throughout the year.