Saturday 18 July 2020

Class 5 - The Library with Graphic 45 Life's a Journey & Jane Hewitt

For our 'Library' room class - I would like to bring you a mini book. Since my favourite book to look at in a library has always been a pop-up book (I am fascinated by them!), today's class is a pop-up album featuring the Graphic 45 Life's a Journey collection.  



I don't suppose many of us have been on holiday recently and it may be a while for some of us before we can go again - I know my 'big birthday' cruise has been postponed to August 2021 so it's going to be a while before the pictures of ocean liners from this Graphic 45 paper collection can be used properly!

So instead of the travel theme from the papers I took inspiration from the theme of the cybercrop to make a book themed around parts of the house. I have researched some different pop-up styles and renamed them  - so we have the window box, staircase, rooftops and attic windows...plus more.

This class is a technique class to show you how to make the various pop-up elements and you can do as few or as many of them as you like. I have focused on the patterned parts of the papers rather than the travel elements and my book is ready to add photos. Also - I have kept the fussy cutting down to a minimum since I know that this can be a chore for some people!

A video is the best way to look at a pop up book so here goes...




You do not have to have purchased the kit to take part but can just take inspiration from the pages  made  - and please do share your project with us.



Next up is another challenge at noon - come and play along!