Sunday 1 August 2021

Stash Busting with Jane - chipboard



 For some reason I went through a phase where I bought loads of chipboard shapes then maybe used one or two pieces from a collection and the rest went in a drawer. So time to get that drawer out and use up some of that chipboard! Here it is (ok - well, some of it!!) 



I decided that for strength I would construct my LO on a 12 x 12 canvas rather than card - but you could easily just use card - or maybe a larger sheet of chipboard if you have one. I started by sifting through and finding a frame for my photo then picking out some of the bits of chipboard I really liked and arranging and re-arranging until I had a composition I was happy with...


As you can see I ended up with some pieces which were coloured - but my intention was always to paint the chipboard and canvas so I knew this wouldn't matter. I started by giving the whole thing a couple of coats of white gesso...

Once this had dried I chose a colour from my photo - the turquoise colour of my cat's eye's and decided to focus on this colour for painting the canvas. I concentrated on the areas with chipboard - dry brushing the edges. I used a couple of different shades to try and give a bit of interest...


To give more dimension and some sparkle I sprayed the canvas with turquoise cosmic shimmer spray, then after drying I added gems and then used silver/white glitter glue on top of the chipboard pieces. I finished by adding some white roses and my photo...



Those who know me will know that this is not my my usual scrapping style but I'm quite pleased with how it turned out - If you have a go at your own mixed media page using your left over bits of chipboard, I'd love to see the result.

Now, what to do with the rest of that drawer of chipboard...