Wednesday 26 December 2018

Scraplift Santa with Mel






Hello and welcome to the Boxing Day edition of Scraplift Santa brought to you by the ATDML Design Team!

Today my post is all about the white stuff. As I look out of the window typing this on Christmas Eve my garden is remarkably sunny and there seems to be a whole lot more greenery still around this Christmas. It got me thinking back to last winter when we had snow in December, January and February.

My layout features a favourite photo of Isabelle trying to catch snowflakes on her tongue! I started out planning to make a white on white layout but I decided I wanted to add some white sticker words and so I amended my plan to feature a whole lot of white embellishments on a simple kraft cardstock background.


To start with I cut some snowflakes on the silhouette and I also adapted a Paige Evans "Snow" title to include a space for the photo in the O.

Once the items were all cut I sorted through my embellishment and sticker boxes and hunted for clear bling, white stickers and words.

I added the photo behind my letter O and added the word title to the centre of the page before adding snowflakes above and below. I had some white doily stickers which I included and then I used lots of the white words from several packs of Simple Stories Photo Stickers.

I then added both crystal swirls and individual crystals to the page to give the snowflakes some sparkle and shine.

Join us on Saturday 29th for the Final Scraplift Santa and until then enjoy the rest of the festive season.