Sunday 2 December 2018

December Journaling Prompts

Welcome to the last journaling prompt of 2018 - wow where did this year go?!

So for this month the prompt is simple and short:

Hide your journaling!


This very definitely does not mean skip the journaling but instead put it where it can't be seen unless you are looking for it!

There are a number of reasons you may want to try this:

  • Aesthetics - sometimes you want the photo and embellishments to hog the limelight and the written words feel like they are cluttering the page. Or you dislike your handwriting but recognise that in the future a loved one will enjoy having a little piece of your writing.
  • The journaling may be for your eyes only, to reflect on thoughts and feelings that you want to record but don't want out on general display.
  • Space - there maybe too much to write to fit in a small space but for example having a hinged photo that lifts up can give you a large chunk of space to tell your story.

 Now I am going to admit that I struggled to find examples for this as over time I have realised that I am quite fussy and once my layout goes into an album I don't like it coming out for people to access interactive elements so I rarely make pages that include hidden journaling. However I found a couple from classes I have taught over the years...



On this layout inside the pocket on the bottom right hand corner of the layout are some tags, two with additional photos and one with journaling about how I don't even like tea but that for the sake of a photo opportunity I poured and tried a cup of one of the fancy flavoured teas (I didn't like it!)


 In this variation of a grid of 9 layout I had lots of photos I wanted to include and filled the other squares with titles and embellishments however I had another photo and some journaling I also wanted to include so the centre square opens out to give me more space.