Saturday 8 December 2018

Scraplift Santa Sketch Saturday



Dolly here and as always the second Saturday in the month sees a sketch from me and of course this time it has a Santa Scraplift twist.

First off here is your sketch for December.



Having been to Disney last Christmas I have so many photos I will be scrapping them for years. This is what I made from the sketch.




The Simple Stories Merry and Bright papers were perfect for the photo of the gingerbread family at Celebration. It's a really simple page just using cardstock in two colours and some of the gorgeous papers.

I really wanted a circle and I wanted it to be scalloped. It's a really easy effect to achieve. Cut your large circle and then in a contrasting colour punch a lot of circles and cut them in half. Slip them under the main piece all around the edge and, voila, a really cute scalloped circle. I made the scallop more prominent by dotting around the edges.




The title block is from Simple Stories Merry and Bright too. I added some die cuts and stickers and to finish off I made a little bunting banner and stamped a decorative edge around the page.



It is really a very simple page and I hope it might inspire you to scraplift something similar.