Monday 15 March 2021

Going Vintage

 


Hello, I thought I would share some vintage pages using the beautiful Vintage Ancestry collection from Simple Stories.  I decided to stick to heritage photos for these pages and it is really easy to scan them in with phones and get a decent print.   For my first page I have a picture of my great grand parents, and I decided to cut out the edge of the large yellow flower so that it could overlap with the photo, the same with the butterfly wings, so I carefully used a craft knife and looked at which parts I needed to cut to be able to slide my photos underneath.  I also added in some of the frames, a bit of lace and collection of flowers that pulled the colours from the papers.  I chose a crocheted flower as Nan (my Great Grandma) loved a bit of knitting or crocheting so it reminded me of her, I made the poppy using chiffon and carefully burnt the edges of it with a candle - it is 3 hand-cut circles, decreasing in size with a brad in the centre.  I chose the poppy as this was part of how my great grand parents met - Teddy was carried to safety by Nan's brother in the First World War.

Here  you can see the flowers up close - I also used a vintage button for the centre of my crochet flower.


This shows the details on the papers up close and some of the co-ordinating chipboard.


For my second page I wanted to add lots of photos so went with a more modern style, but tried to keep to the heritage theme.  I cut out several of the cards that you get on the papers - a mix of 4" square and 2" squares.  I arranged them with my photos and left one for the journalling.  This is a more recent photo and was the coronation of Elizabeth and here you can see my Mum and her sister all dressed up for the occasion by my Grandma!  There is also a larger picture of the street part where they are down the from in more normal attire!


The colours in these papers are so pretty, I love the pops of blue and red.



I hope that has inspired you to dig out some older photos and write down the stories behind them!