Monday 6 January 2014

On the 12th day of Christmas



The 12th day of Christmas and all the decorations will be coming down tonight, so I thought I would show a little bit more of my Christmas book and try and give you a few more ideas for doing a December Daily and using pocket pages in albums.  The 7th December was when our tree went up, and I've seen lots of beautiful  pages with triangles on them, so I had a go at a triangle border as it goes with the whole tree thing.





Mel mentioned about what you do when you stop taking photos after the first few days….yes I had this problem too!  However the album is telling a story about my Christmas run up, so just journal it and add a few embellishments to pretty it up - surprisingly the most handy thing for completing my album was not the photos, but a diary that told me what I was doing on each day!


My next page the photo just did not fit in the pocket, and unless it became tiny and missed out the important bits like the list of names and thoughtful pose,  it just was not going to ever become landscape.  So I made my page across 2 pockets, I did carefully choose where to cut the photo so that it wasn't in the middle of something important.  This works really well in project life too.




I hope you have all enjoyed the 12 days and found lots of inspiration. Thank you Ann for organising us, and just incase you need reminding the sale is on in the shop too so you can pick up some lovely bargains.  There are loads of exciting things planned for this year, so keep an eye out here and on our Facebook page.

Happy New Year.