Wednesday 15 January 2014

Family Stories by Teresa Collins

Ann here today sharing a couple of layouts created for the January gallery. Like Karen I too get just a little excited when Mel and Jill indulge their design team with free choice on what we want to create with.  This was the case in December where we could select which products we wanted to create with for the galleryblog and Facebook page (ATDML #Create) in January.

I had my eye on this paper collection from Teresa Collins for a little while and knew I could make many layouts by just finding complimentary cardstock from within my (vast) existing stock!  Also there are so many great colours in the collection I knew I'd have no trouble find embellishments to coordinate too.  Add to this the desire to scrap a little more Project Life style in 2014 I had many ideas and a whole collection to play with.



I knew I wanted to make several layouts to incorporate some of the many photographs taken on our last family walk of 2013. I had plenty of photos to chose from as I was testing out my new camera that hubby bought me for Christmas. 


I started with a simple 12x12 page with just one 6x4 landscape photo on it almost as a title page for those that followed. I then created another fairly straight forward page featuring two more 4x6 photos and some of the same papers that I had used on the first page. 


I then decided to use a project life style divided page protector to incorporate many more photos and tied this in again incorporating those same papers.  Knowing I would be making several pages I started by cutting the black/white chevron paper into three 4" wide x 12" tall pieces. This first of these strips features on the right hand side of my first page, the second strip on the left hand side of my second page and the final piece  I cut a 3"x4" piece for one of the divided pockets. I did something similar on the striking red heart paper where three 4x6 pieces were cut and once features on each of the three pages. Looking at the layouts you would not know each of those pieces started out the same size as you cannot tell with the layering.

I am thrilled that over the three pages I have 9 photos and a nice style in my family album with the combination of 12x12 layouts with the divided page protectors. The reverse side of my divided page protector picks up my week 1 project life layout for 2014 - a new challenge for me. Why not join in the conversation on project life scrapbooking over on our Facebook page. Not a member yet? Simply request to join and one of the team will add you soon!