Monday 5 April 2021

April Sketch Challenge


Good Morning and Happy Easter to everyone.  Here is this months sketch challenge and sample page.




I have been enjoying a little bit of Vicki Boutin and her Friday Night Live sessions and been playing around with distress inks.  I started off with the background, then definitely went through a phase of "how am I going to use this?", which was mainly because I just chose colours I liked.  Fortunately I had a box of Pink Fresh's Keeping it Real and when I looked at the B-sides of the papers there were some perfect colour matches!
The main structure of the page is 3 strips - mine are 2 3/4" by 6" and then the 6 by 4" photo.  I added in some extra layer with vellum and cut out some of the tags from the Keeping it Real papers.  I layered up the co-ordinating stickers, hunted for multi-coloured sequins...which did explode across my room but in the end I was pleased with the page as the colours match the happiness I feel when we get a lovely covering of snow!

I hope you enjoy the sketch.  Do share your pages over in our Facebook Group.