Sunday 31 January 2021

Storyteller - Happy





I've seen quite a few grid layouts recently so decided to have a go at one.  The thing that I like about these small squares is that you can pack them with all sorts of bits and build them up, the bit I am less keen on is trying to get them lined up correctly!  For this one I ended up making myself a 1" L shaped piece of card and then added in a 3/4" strip too once I got to the middle squares!



For this page I started off with the Vicki Boutin stencil that you can see in the photo.  I used a white piece of card and chose some distress ink colours and randomly inked them all over the page (there is a think strip of it in the picture too).  I then added some spritz of water and a little bit of gold spray too and then cut all my squares out.  With my background paper done I then selected little bits of paper from the Storyteller collection to add, adding torn edges, brown ink around the edges and punched stars.  I created a little shaker with some printed acetate and sequins and and embellishment frame.  I then just hunted through my box of goodies for buttons and wood veneers, anything that I thought would work and build up each square.  I used one of the library cards from Storyteller for my journalling.  Lots of fun to make.