Wednesday 14 November 2018

Using Leftovers & Scraplifting a Scraplift


The retreat seems a distant memory but I came back having scrapped a few pages and used lots of my Vicki Boutin Field Notes papers and embellishments - I wanted to make one more layout with some of the leftovers and so I started to think of what layout I could do that used a small amount of several different patterns.

My favourite thing to do when I am stuck in a rut or in need of an idea is to look back through my old albums. I often find there are layouts that remind me about a technique or style I used to use and sometimes there are layouts that I just want to scraplift and update with new products or pictures.


I came across this layout of Isabelles 9th birthday using the Echo Park Take Note collection. This layout was a scraplift I did from one of Ann's 2014 Cybercrop classes (Picadilly - see below and CLICK HERE for instructions)


So I set about making a new updated version using up my Vicki Boutin Field Notes stash! I added a border to this one and drew sketched circles first using the silhouette. Then I punched out the circles from leftover papers. Then to embellish I used a variety of ephemera, stickers and chipboard accents.


It's always satisfying to use up some leftovers and make a layout with them. Do come on over to the ATDML # Create Facebook page and share any layouts you have made with the leftovers from class kits or collection packs.