Friday 24 August 2018

Class 2 - CATAN with Katherine

Hello everyone, I hope you are enjoying the crop.

Here is my first class (your second - check out Ann's if you missed it) and I chose the game Catan - so a small introduction to it incase you haven't played it....it is all about building settlements, trade and strategy and is a family favourite in our house.  On top of that you can buy all sorts of expansion games and make it as complicated or as simple as you like.  

The inspiration for my page came from the board, the Catan board is made up of hexagonal squares, and you create your island with them, and it is then surrounded by sea....so here are my hexagons and a wash of blue sea around the edge.



My first page is a double page, and you also get to make a single page too.  I used white gesso and some distress inks for my watercolours - but you could use any water based ink/paint and any white paint for the base - equally if you don't feel confident doing the painty bits then just do the pages without them!

Anyway enough waffling, on with the classes...you can find the link to the class HERE.

Do share your pages, we love to see them and you can find the gallery here.

Your first challenge is up at 10pm and then the classes start again tomorrow morning with a challenge at 8am and then Jane's class at 9am.