Monday 2 May 2022

Simple Stories Vintage Indigo Garden

 


Hello, I hope you are all having a lovely bank holiday weekend.  Here are a couple of spring packed pages for you using Simple Stories Vintage Indigo Garden.  This is a beautiful range and interestingly, though it could just be the papers I had, there was a pinky side and the other side was yellows, blues or greens....so you are always left with an option if you don't want too much pink.   I also got sent some more banner stickers and I still think these are fabulous and glam up a page with very little effort!  What a great invention.

For my first page I used the banner as the border between 2 papers - my border sticker didn't quite extend to the full 12" of the page but there are so many extra stickers that you can easily just add some and in fact I really like layering the stickers so some stuck to the page and some on foam pads.  I've also used some of the chipboard frames that come in the range and they are great way to add a bit more to your photo.

I backed the frames with some paper from the kit and then added stickers in the middle. 



Here you can see how I added stickers to the end to try to disguise the fact that the sticker didn't extend the full width.


Here is a slightly more minimalist page using one of the smaller banners.  I started with green ink and some of the confetti glitter that BoBunny make - mine has started to dry up as it has been open a while, but I scooped some out and added a little water to it and it revitalised it so I could spread the sparkles around the page.  Again lots of layering of the stickers and a few of the papers and the page comes together really quickly!


I like the way that you can leave the frames open to reveal the layers beneath them, then just add a little sticker over the top.