Saturday 5 January 2019

New Year Trend with a bit of Christmas and Simple Stories

Happy New Year everyone, we have lots planned for you this year and I thought I'd kick of with a page inspired by some of the trends I've noticed on my blog hopping!


I've noticed a recent trend for large shapes filled with ephemera, stickers, wood veneers....all sorts of goodies, so this was my start point.  I cut out a large star from an old piece of 12" and then drew around it.  Next I punched stitch holes around the edge and then added a candy cane stitching - so every other stick red and in-between white.  I've noticed lots of hand stitching appearing this year, and it looks beautiful (it does take some time though!  I do find that if I punch the holes first with  a pokey tool it makes the process so much easier).


The next stage was filling it with all sorts of Christmas goodies that I had  lurking in my stash - the basis is Simple Stories Vintage Christmas stickers, then Simple Stories and BoBunny Wood veneers, some snowflakes that I had received on a card and were too beautiful  - so had to be recycled and then a few sequins in between.


All sorts of ephemera!


I added a candy cane paper clip and small bit of washi tape to the photo too...just to continue the theme.

Do check out the gallery for more Christmas inspiration as you start to scrap your photos and do share your creations over in our Facebook group.